Unregistering Family Members-Disenrolling Soldiers

If a Soldier does NOT have physical custody of his/her child(ren), (i.e. is NOT the custodial parent) unregistering is appropriate. If the status is joint physical custody, unregistering is not authorized. Conversely, if the sponsor does not have physical custody, the Army EFMP is not authorized to register the Family member or enroll the sponsor in the EFMP.

Because the Family members continue to be listed in DEERS as dependents, a divorce decree, which stipulates custody arrangements, is required for unregistering Family members.